SOAR for Freshmen Students
Welcome to California State University, San Bernardino! We are excited that you have selected CSUSB to pursue your undergraduate education. The Student Orientation Advising and Registration (SOAR) program provides you with key resources and tools to help with your transition into the CSUSB community as you bond with other members of the Coyote community, fellow upper classmen, and the student Orientation Team. Through workshops, discussions, guest speakers and special events, this experience will prepare you for life as a Coyote.
At SOAR you will:
- Learn about services and resources available at CSUSB
- Plan your academic schedule and register for classes
- Become familiar with CSUSB policies and procedures
- Get the "inside scoop" on the campus
- Receive your student ID card – Coyote OneCard
- Meet other new students and build lasting friendships
- Start building Coyote PRIDE: Power, Responsibility, Integrity, Determination, Enthusiasm
Tips for a Successful SOAR Experience
- Bring a laptop or tablet to orientation to assist you in viewing the online Schedule of Classes, CSUSB General Catalog, and departmental websites. There will be a wireless connection available from most points on campus. It will be your responsibility, however, to ensure the safety of your laptop at all times.
- The time you spend at SOAR is the beginning of your educational career at CSUSB; please approach your time at Orientation seriously and be ready to take full advantage of what is offered during your session.
- The Office of Orientation and First Year Experience strictly adheres to the campus policy forbidding alcohol and/or drug use. Failure to abide by this policy could result in you being asked to leave Orientation without enrolling in your classes or withholding of any Orientation fees.
- Although it is our hope that you will take advantage of everything offered at SOAR, failure to attend or participate in any part of the session is your own responsibility and can jeopardize proper academic advising and course enrollment.