International Students Orientation
Welcome to Cal State San Bernardino. We know you had many choices and we are glad you have chosen CSUSB as the university you want to attend.
The CSUSB Center for International Students & Programs (CISP) is excited to meet you in person! The International Student Orientation is your first chance to experience all that Cal State San Bernardino has to offer you. Orientation provides valuable information to ease your transition to campus and life in the USA.
What can you expect at Orientation?
- Learn how to obtain a credit summary/PAWS when transferring from within the U.S.
- Meet your academic advisor and select your courses
- Understand academic and graduation requirements
- Receive an explanation of VISA/immigration regulations
- Get to know the Center for International Studies and Programs Staff & Peer Advisors
- Find out important information about CSU, San Bernardino: student life and campus safety
- Have breakfast (Winter/Spring/Fall Quarters) / lunch (Fall Quarter) (details to be determined)
- Complete health insurance requirements and benefits
- Make new friends
Please bring the following items with you to Orientation:
- Immigration documents - passport, signed F-1 I-20/J-1 DS-2019, visa (Canadian students do not need a visa) & I-94
- $70 orientation fee
- Credit card receipt, check or money order, paid to the order of Renaissance Insurance Agency, INC.
NOTE: If you do not bring items above you will not be able to register for classes.
International Student Holds
All International Students will receive a DA5 SOAR Hold upon acceptance to CSUSB. This hold is an advising hold that MUST be removed BEFORE registering for classes. International Students do not have to attend SOAR, however, you MUST receive advising in order to have the DA5 SOAR Hold removed. Once this hold is removed you will be eligible to participate in Priority Registration.
For more information contact the Center for International Studies and Programs at (909) 537-5193 or (909) 537-5288, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.